Monday, July 14

Coffee as an Anti Aging Product?

Dark roasted coffee beans
Dark roasted coffee beans (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I've been seeing this commercial from Nescafe where it claims that coffee has antioxidant properties that will improve the average coffee drinker's skin health. A study by researchers at the University of Scranton (Pa.) says that coffee is the number one source of antioxidants for Americans. Although the levels of antioxidants are highest in dates, Java beans have higher levels than tea, milk, chocolate and cranberries.

The coffee beans, however, has to be harvested while green and roasted carefully to preserve its antioxidant properties which get lost in the usual coffee roasting process. Just imagine: a cup of cappuccino from a beautiful coffee maker is enough to make anyone's day begin with a healthy jolt.

Man, I really love coffee. And I'd hate to lose this if I'm going organic all the way in my diet. (Thank God I just go organic for skin care products!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.