Skip to main content

Back With a Vengeance

Hello guys! I'm baaaack! It's been a while since I last posted here. I hibernated, so to speak, but now I'm back with a vengeance. I have been practicing new anti-aging tricks lately. It's not enough that I am using a mild moisturizing facial wash to cleanse my face before and after a good night's sleep. I have also been using not just an astringent, but a skin toner which deep cleanses my skin's pores and tightens them.

The reason for me going to such lengths trying to clean my face is that I've been using make-up lately. I know too much chemicals on one's face can destroy it sooner than later. I look young simply because I have avoided make-up for most of my adult life, but I don't think I can escape its use anymore.

I am now 30 years old. Though my skin is not showing its real age yet, I have noticed a dullness and some darkening in my skin. To cover up the changes I have started using makeup. It's been fun choosing colors and applying them and then seeing the transformation... but too much "pollution" on one's face can produce negative results.

I have been drinking lots of water to keep my body moisture in check. I have also been watching my diet, keeping my meals focused on fruits and vegetables, and less meat and fatty foods. But no matter how hard I try to keep myself healthy and sickness-free, the demands of age will still show itself on my skin.

I have also been taking anti-oxidant pills in addition to my multivitamin cache. Vitamins A, B, C and E are must-haves. Grape seed extract is a sought-after ingredient. The pills and capsules can be expensive to maintain, but so far, I feel good, so maybe they are working.

I am also faithfully using moisturizing and sun-block lotions to keep my skin firm, supple and sun-damage free as possible. I also keep from being exposed too much to the painful heat of the sun.

And yet... I have dull skin and dark spots.

Maybe it's time I find more tricks to apply. I have just ordered 10 sachets of a cleansing tonic from a friend. These sachets contain a powdered concentrate that can be taken each day as a juice drink, but has herbal extracts that will cleanse one's body from the pollutants we get from the food we eat: preservatives, food additives, etc. Also I am very interested in testing the use of Glutathione for added skin benefits (besides its liver cleansing qualities).

Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skin Care Benefits of Using Sulfur Soap

A sample of sulfur (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) Despite its acrid smell, a bar of sulfur soap brings many health benefits to your skin through its antiseptic, anti-fungal and antibacterial qualities. In olden times, individuals had to take a dip in sulfur-rich hot springs located at a distance from an active volcano. Spas often appeared around these areas to provide patrons privacy and comfort while they visited the pools of heated water and sulfur. Many people frequented these places because the hot water therapy soothed their aching muscles and the sulfur healed their skin problems, such as acne vulgaris, whiteheads, blackheads, eczema, rosacea, scabies, and seborrheic dermatitis. Now, sulfur's cleansing properties are packaged neatly in soap bars. The ten percent sulfur content in the soap has enough potency to effectively produce the same effective results as dipping your whole body in a pool of sulfur-rich hot water. Like in the ancient times, use sulfur soaps to reme

How Do You Treat Scalp Acne and Scalp Dermatitis?

A case of Seborrhoeic Dermatitis on the back of the head (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) If you suffer from pimples on the scalp, then it's important to find a good scalp acne treatment. They're ugly, painful, and irritating. We can't see them ourselves so we pick them often by scratching our scalp before knowing they're there. Scalp wounds tend to bleed and this can make the spots visible, especially if your hair is thinning, fine or very short. Most acne on the scalp has the same cause as acne on the face, that is, overproduction of sebum leading to blockages of hair follicles, which often become infected. Inflammation can be caused by a condition called seborrheic dermatitis , and this, together with oily skin, is what you have to go along with scalp acne. What happens is the scalp will be red and itchy and the skin will flake off as dandruff. Associated with the condition of seborrheic dermatitis and more serious cases is yeast and it's someti

A brief vacation

I have just got back from UP Diliman for a week of respite. I had training for trainers at UP SoLaIR (School of Labor and Industrial Relations). It was a working vacation. At least I had time to slow down and not think of work for a few days. It was good! Really felt good to be taken cared of by the University Hotel staff.