Skip to main content

Get Slim The Healthy Way By Going Vegetarian

Chopped VegetablesImage by Prato9x via Flickr I don't remember the exact point when I decided to go veggies whenever I can. I was a hearty meat eater since I was a kid. In fact, I love hotdogs and ham, and I detest eating anything green. When I became a teener, however, I started eating vegetables. It was for my own good since I was so thin and my adolescent body is growing fast. I needed the proteins, vitamins and minerals I could get. My mom even made me take vitamin supplements to help my body cope with the nutritional demands of adolescence.

It was in the recent years, since I stepped into my late twenties that I became aware of my health and how much impact what I eat has on my body. I didn't think of losing fat or going to the gym for this. I was happy the way I was since my weight is already normal for my height. I wasn't suffering from any health problem or anything. My only reason for eating healthy is to be healthy.

However, my firm figure gained in my twenties is gradually leading to a voluptuousness that may be sexy for some men, but alarming to many women. I am gaining some meat, although my curves aren't suffering. But in my mind, I am getting fat.

Every morning I would see in the mirror the folds of flesh that rest over my belly, hips and thighs. My boyfriend likes them. I don't. I wanted a firmer body, the same one I had when I was younger. And I know I have to lose a bit of fat first before I go to the gym.

As I was searching for information on the best fat burners, I came across a blog post that proposes a healthy way of slimming down. It doesn't support hunger diets but instead eating and living a healthy lifestyle. This slimming diet includes eating vegetables and fruits more, while lessening the fats, sugars and carbs.

So I have been eating vegetable dishes mostly, whenever there are available. I can't choose them everyday when I don't have control in what kinds of dishes are served on the table. This is one of the limits of going vegetarian when you are not the one preparing the menu and cooking the food. But I survive.

As a result I am successful in toning down my body bit by bit. I'm also maintaining my ideal body weight to my height. My ideal body weight should be within the range of 95 to 100 lbs for a height that is less than 5 feet. I am 4 feet 11 inches, 31 years old and my body weight is somewhere in between 95 and 100 lbs. As of now my Body Mass Index is 19.2 as calculated using a nifty tool from Calories Per Hour.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skin Care Benefits of Using Sulfur Soap

A sample of sulfur (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) Despite its acrid smell, a bar of sulfur soap brings many health benefits to your skin through its antiseptic, anti-fungal and antibacterial qualities. In olden times, individuals had to take a dip in sulfur-rich hot springs located at a distance from an active volcano. Spas often appeared around these areas to provide patrons privacy and comfort while they visited the pools of heated water and sulfur. Many people frequented these places because the hot water therapy soothed their aching muscles and the sulfur healed their skin problems, such as acne vulgaris, whiteheads, blackheads, eczema, rosacea, scabies, and seborrheic dermatitis. Now, sulfur's cleansing properties are packaged neatly in soap bars. The ten percent sulfur content in the soap has enough potency to effectively produce the same effective results as dipping your whole body in a pool of sulfur-rich hot water. Like in the ancient times, use sulfur soaps to reme

How Do You Treat Scalp Acne and Scalp Dermatitis?

A case of Seborrhoeic Dermatitis on the back of the head (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) If you suffer from pimples on the scalp, then it's important to find a good scalp acne treatment. They're ugly, painful, and irritating. We can't see them ourselves so we pick them often by scratching our scalp before knowing they're there. Scalp wounds tend to bleed and this can make the spots visible, especially if your hair is thinning, fine or very short. Most acne on the scalp has the same cause as acne on the face, that is, overproduction of sebum leading to blockages of hair follicles, which often become infected. Inflammation can be caused by a condition called seborrheic dermatitis , and this, together with oily skin, is what you have to go along with scalp acne. What happens is the scalp will be red and itchy and the skin will flake off as dandruff. Associated with the condition of seborrheic dermatitis and more serious cases is yeast and it's someti

A brief vacation

I have just got back from UP Diliman for a week of respite. I had training for trainers at UP SoLaIR (School of Labor and Industrial Relations). It was a working vacation. At least I had time to slow down and not think of work for a few days. It was good! Really felt good to be taken cared of by the University Hotel staff.