Sunday, September 16

Hours of Fun Building a 3D Jigsaw Puzzle by Ravensburger

Lighthouse 3D Jigsaw Puzzle
by Ravensburger. In Stock.
I don't know when exactly my love affair with puzzles started. I remember playing with jigsaw puzzles printed with Disney characters, like Goofy, Pluto, Daffy Duck, and of course, Mickey Mouse. That particular children's puzzle had large and fewer pieces. When I was in high school, I sought more challenging puzzles that had photos of famous landmarks in the world, like the field of red and yellow tulips in Holland with a windmill in the background. They had smaller pieces and more puzzle bits to figure out. I loved them!

Later, I moved on to playing with the Chinese puzzle called Tangram. It only has seven pieces consisting of two large triangles, one medium triangle, two small triangles, one square, and one parallelogram. These pieces are fitted together to form different silhouettes. It has a list of diagrams painted as dark silhouettes. The aim of the game is to position the pieces to form each of the shapes.

It's been a long time since I played with actual pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Mostly, I've been playing with jigsaw puzzles only through Facebook Games. If I had the opportunity, then I'd get my hands on a Ravensburger Puzzle that's actually three-dimensional. Once completed, a 3D puzzle forms a miniature Lighthouse, a small Big Ben Tower, or a mini Eiffel Tower. It has width, height, and length measurements, which provide perspective and depth plus the enjoyment of building something with one's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.