Saturday, April 21

Mine is an Undermount Kitchen Sink

Sink
Undermount Kitchen Sink (Photo credit: P.Flintandco)
It isn't every day that I get to learn about undermount kitchen sinks and their difference from drop-in sinks. I've seen the latter in most houses. The observation that food particles usually gather under the lip surrounding the edges of the sink is true in almost every home I have visited. The only way to avoid this dirty smelly situation is to cover the drop-in sink's lip with concrete and tile pieces. Otherwise, it'll become a haven for bacteria.

Fortunately, I have an undermount kitchen sink in my own home. I don't have to deal with food particles stuck in a narrow space I couldn't get into whenever I cleaned the kitchen's counter top. Thus, every surface in my kitchen stays clean and orderly. The only dirty area, of course, is the sink's pipe where everything - from food particles to dirty water - passes through before reaching the sewage.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. One of the least considered aspects of a sink is the grade of stainless steel. Like most metals, stainless steel is broken up into many different grades with different properties. In my research I have found that most stainless steel sinks are one of four grades, 201, 301, 302, 304. A grade 201 sink is most often seen in the big home improvement stores on the lowest end of the price scale.

    undermount kitchen sink

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think.