Sunday, February 19

The Gold Chain from my High School Graduation

Despite my skin's aversion to anything gold, either pure or plated, my uncle still gifted me with a gold chain bracelet with a tiny crystal locket hanging from a shorter chain attached top its clasp. He gave it to me when I graduated from high school. It was beautiful, but sadly, I've been left all these years to simply admire the jewelry's craftsmanship.

I've never worn it again since my High School graduation when I developed a bad rash from the reaction of my skin to the mix of chemicals from my sweat and the gold chain. Now, that bracelet is gone. My mother have pawned it for money to pay my college tuition. Honestly, I don't miss it though. I've never experienced a happy memory while wearing it. Except for the fact that it was my uncle who gave it to me, the gold chain never evoked any sentimentality in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.